For those who don’t know the story behind this, please check this BBC News article. A load more links at the bottom.
I hope I am one of thousands who email you to voice my and our disgust over your treatment of the Togo national side. To not only suspend them, but to fine them also is, frankly, sickening. Your organisation decided to host this year’s Cup of Nations in a known warzone. Despite this, you blame them for dropping out after suffering two deaths and numerous injuries.
I simply cannot comprehend how you could even conceive of passing this judgement, especially when your own regulations (Article 80) states that such a withdrawal *can* be understood and taken into account.
Looking around in various places on the internet I have seen countless messages of anger and disbelief at what you have done. I have yet to see a single one which takes your side.
Wake up. Realise that what you’ve done is incredibly wrong and repeal this awful decision.
I’ve sent this to their email address. You can find this and other means of contacting the organisation via this page on their web site.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Emmanuel Adebayor labels Togo’s Africa Cup of Nations ban as ‘outrageous’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Togo Banned From Next 2 African Cups (nytimes.com)
- Togo banned from next 2 African Cups (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Togo banned from two Africa Cup of Nations tournaments for withdrawal in Angola (telegraph.co.uk)
- Togo banned from next two African Nations Cups after deadly ambush (canada.com)
- Togo suspended for leaving Africa Cup of Nations after attack (cnn.com)
- Togo banned from next two Africa Cup of Nations after pulling out of Angola (guardian.co.uk)
- Togo ban is outrageous – Adebayor (news.bbc.co.uk)
- Adebayor slams ‘outrageous’ decision to ban his team (cnn.com)